After narrowly missing an upset win over second ranked Ohio State on Sunday the Iowa Hawkeye women let another big victory slip away on Thursday night. Ninth ranked Michigan State took cointrol in the game’s final minutes to post a 67-60 win in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Iowa coach Lisa Bluder says they’ve had two great opportunities in recent games and haven’t taken advantage of it. She says they had a great effort, but lost their focus in the last five minutes. Bluder says there is no more room for error and the Hawkeyes know they need to win their final three games to have a shot at the NCAA Tournament. She says they’re smart individuals and know what they have to do to make it to the NCAA Tournament.The Hawkeyes return to action Saturday at Michigan.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk