Three Iowa college wrestling teams placed in the top 15 at the N-C-double-A championships this past weekend in St. Louis. Iowa finished in seventh place. Iowa State was in tenth and U-N-I was 15th. Several Iowa-connected wrestlers were competing on the final night but none won an individual title. Iowa State’s Nate Gallick took second at 141 pounds; Joe Johsnon of Iowa was second at 157. Iowa’s Mark Perry finished second at 165 and in the 197-pound weight class, U-N-I’s Sean Stech took second.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer