Adversity can make teams stronger and Central coach George Wares says that has been the case for his team as the Dutch prepare for a key Iowa Conference showdown with Wartburg on Saturday. Central is 18-8 overall and 5-1 in conference play in a season that has included a number of off the field issues.He says they’ve had injuries, bad cases of mono, and five or six people who’re close to the teammembers have passed away. Wares says they’ve played through it and some of the things have hopefully made them a little stronger. Wartburg is 5-3 after a pair of losses to nationally ranked Coe. With Simpson off to a 4-2 start Wares says there is not much room for error if you want to win the league title. He says in his opinion it’s the best conference in the nation. He says they means you have to be ready to play and be focused on what you have to do. Wartburg is 21-6 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G