An man who was already wanted by police is charged in several eastern Iowa burglaries. 36-year-old Brian Latham of Independence was taken into custody Monday and charged with five counts of third-degree burglary for a string of burglaries this weekend in Oelwein. Latham was also charged on a State of Iowa warrant after he failed to return to a residential facility where he was serving time on previous convictions. More charges are pending. Latham is a suspect in other burglaries recently. Nine businesses in Oelwein, eight in Westgate, three in Oran, one in Stanley and one in rural Oelwein were burglarized last month. Police also plan to turn over evidence to the federal postal inspector in the burglary at the Westgate Post Office.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response