Trial has been delayed for a former Iowa State trooper who’s accused of sexually abusing his seven-year-old niece at his parents’ Denison apartment more than a decade ago. Thirty-nine-year-old Karl Kluender of Huxley is charged with second-degree sexual abuse stemming from an alleged incident that occurred in 1993. Kluender’s trial in Crawford County court was originally set to begin on July 26th, however, a defense motion to produce certain evidence will now be heard on that date instead. A new trial date has not yet been set. Kluender remains free on bond pending the trial. Kluender had been employed with the State Patrol for a period of 14 years before being fired on April 12th after the charges were brought against him.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk