Authorities in Shelby County say a five-year-old Harlan boy has died while attempting to gather worms with an electrical shocking device. Investigators say Jacob Hill died last Thursday while using a homemade shocking device in an attempt to force earthworms to the surface. Hill is the second person from western Iowa to die recently while using electricity to shock worms out of the ground. On Friday, Joann Altheimer was found dead outside her home in Little Sioux after apparently using a homemade shocking device on saturated ground in an attempt to gather night crawlers. Altheimer’s death remains under investigation.
You are here: / / Boy dies while shocking worms