A former north-central Iowa couple apparently killed themselves in California by jumping off a bridge — with their dog. California authorities say Bryon and Sallee Kincannon of Brownsville, California, formerly of Charles City, died in a double-suicide last week. The couple was found to be both wearing helmets when their bodies and the body of their pet were discovered in canyon rocks below a bridge. The Kincannons’ car was found on a bridge at about three o’clock in the morning by a California Highway Patrol officer, parked in the middle of the road with its emergency flashers on. Deputies later found a ladder leaning against the bridge railing and two strings dangling from the outside rail. Authorities believe the act was consensual after finding a letter in the couple’s car and further interviews with relatives. The Kincannons had lived in Charles City for many years before moving to Brownsville. The case is still under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!