Western Iowa authorities say skeletal remains found in southwest Audubon County last week are those of a small child. A group of hunters checking their trap lines near Falcon Avenue and 270th Street discovered the skeleton November 8. Officials with the Iowa State Medical Examiner’s office said Tuesday the remains were those of a small infant or fetus, and according to Sheriff Todd Johnson, further tests are being conducted to determine the age of the child, born or unborn. Johnson says quote “We need to give this child some dignity in its passing. We hope to find this baby’s parents and learn what happened.” Anyone with information concerning the baby is urged to contact the Audubon County Sheriff’s Department at 712-563-2631.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification
- Central Iowa cyclists launch effort to build massive indoor BMX track
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities