A western Iowa law officer is charged in a child sex abuse case. The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation says 58-year-old Cydney Bartholomew of Onawa has been arrested on two counts of indecent contact with a child for incidents that allegedly took place between 2002 and 2004. Bartholomew is a long-time deputy with the Monona County Sheriff’s Department. He has appeared before the magistrate and been released on his own recognizance. The Sheriff’s Department has placed Bartholomew on administrative leave. The D-C-I is releasing no other details, except to say the investigation started thanks to a tip received from a protective services worker from Missouri.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall