A Monona man was badly hurt this (Wednesday) morning by a gas explosion at a home in western Iowa. About 8 A.M. the Monona County Sheriff’s office got a call about an explosion at a rural home near Castana. They were told a man who’d been working to salvage a farm combine was engulfed in flames when fumes from the gas tank exploded. The man was thrown a considerable distance by the explosion, and was taken to an Onawa hospital with burns and trauma injuries, and another person who was there refused treatment.
You are here: Home / Fires/Accidents/Disasters / Monona man injured in gas explosion