An exact cause hasn’t yet been determined, but it appears a stove may have sparked Monday’s housefire in Minnesota that killed four members of a family that had relocated from Iowa. Authorities say the Stork family used a wood stove for its main source of heat and the preliminary investigation found the blaze started near that stove in their Pequot Lakes area home. Killed were 55-year-old Stephen Stork and three daughters, 26-year-old Tiffany, 24-year-old Sondra and 17-year-old Marcie. It’s thought they died of smoke inhalation. Funeral arrangements are pending. The Storks had lived on a farm near Bancroft, Iowa, but moved to Minnesota several years ago.
You are here: / / Stove may’ve been the cause of deadly fire