An eastern Iowa woman is hospitalized after an explosion in her home. The Scott County Sheriff’s Office says 55-year-old Rhonda M. Schnoor is being treated for non-life threatening burns.
She was attempting to relight a pilot light on a water heater in the basement of her home northeast of Eldridge a little before 6 o’clock Monday night, but propane gas fumes that had built up ignited and caused an explosion. Firefighters from Eldridge and Long Grove were able to extinguish two small fires in the basement.
The house sustained minor structural damage. Schnoor was taken to a Davenport hospital, then transferred to University Hospitals in Iowa City.
By Phil Roberts, Davenport