Debate continues over whether the city council meetings in Mason City shouldstill be aired over a cable access channel. John Schmaltz, a politicalscience instructor at North Iowa Area Community College, says televisinglocal government meetings is popular, according to a Twin Cities study.Schmaltz says some residents say they’re tired of the on-cameragrandstanding by politicians and audience members.Schmaltz is dismayed by those who say America is becoming a nation ofviewers, not participants.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident
- Pitch for tax break for making movies, TV shows in Iowa
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification
- Central Iowa cyclists launch effort to build massive indoor BMX track