Former Northern Iowa track standout Joey Woody is now a world record holder. Woody was part of a team that set a new world indoor record in the four-by-800 relay at a meet in Boston. Woody says going into the event he thought the record could be broken.For breaking the record the team members will get to split a 50-thousand dollar prize. Woody says the money is nice but owning a piece of a world record is even better.Woody is gearing up for the U-S Olympic trials which take place in June.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification
- Central Iowa cyclists launch effort to build massive indoor BMX track
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities