Iowa’s democrat Governor has raised a huge chunk of change for his re-election bid that’s two years away. Governor Tom Vilsack will seek re-election in 2002, and he’s already raised about a million dollars to bankroll his campaign. Vilsack filed a required campaign disclosure document with the Iowa Ethics Board, and it shows Vilsack has over 960-thousand dollars in the bank. The contributions came from over one thousand individuals and 58 different groups. Three republicans are considering a run against Vilsack in 2002, but none comes close to Vilsack in fundraising.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record