Authorities are saying little about their investigation of a death in rural Black Hawk County. The body was found near a creek near Dunkerton on Wednesday afternoon. Sheriff’s department spokesman Tony Thompson won’t release the name, sex, race, age or anything else about the person including a possible cause of death until after an autopsy. Thompson was asked if the case may be related to the disappearance in October of Tracy Ann Carson of Waterloo, who was last seen at her 40th birthday party at a Waterloo tavern. He says it’s not prudent to comment on that with the investigation still going on, but he does say they’re not ruling out any possibilities.Some of Carson’s personal belongings were found in a ditch last fall just a few miles from where the body was found Wednesday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!