Iowa Senator Tom Harkin says it’s time for a thorough review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. During testimony this morning in D-C, F-B-I director Louis Freeh admitted the F-B-I made a “serious error” by failing to turn over thousands of documents from its Oklahoma bombing investigation. Iowa’s other Senator, Chuck Grassley, has called for Congressional hearings on the F-B-I foibles that resulted in the delay of Timothy McVeigh’s execution. Harkin says, “he agrees completely with Senator Grassley.” Harkin says Congress has been too quick to accept F-B-I mistakes. Harkin says there needs to be a joint investigation of the F-B-I.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall