Congressman Tom Latham is not joining some of his Republican colleagues in calling for democrat Congressman Gary Condit’s resignation. As you may know, Condit’s affair with a government intern who is now missing has prompted some to say Condit should resign. Latham says it’s a horrible situation and he doesn’t believe Condit has been forthcoming about his conduct.A complaint against Condit has been filed with the House Ethics Committee and Latham may be asked to vote on whether to censure or expel Condit. Latham says he can’t make a statement about the issue until he actually sees what’s been filed.Latham says Condit’s conduct has been “outrageous” and he’ll have to answer to his constituents in California.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk