A Cedar Rapids man faces life in prison under Iowa’s “Three Strikes” law after being convicted in a series of taxicab robberies. 39-year-old Lorenzo Williams was found guilty Thursday of robbing a cab driver at knifepoint in September of 2000, netting him between 50 and 70 dollars. He’d been convicted in five other robberies — several of them in cabs — and in four of them, he was armed with a knife. There’s a mandatory life sentence for anyone convicted of three serious and violent felonies.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!