A 30-year-old man says he shot an intruder who was trying to break into his south central Iowa home early Sunday morning. Randy Carr of Melrose was injured in what he describes as a shoot-out, and is in good condition in a Des Moines hospital. When Monroe County Sheriff’s deputies got to the scene, they found 33-year-old Ronald Frye of Albia dead, on the ground next to his pick-up. The Sheriff won’t say whether Frye had a criminal record.Sheriff Larry Merrill had little else to say other than quoting a news release detailing what happened.Carr called 9-1-1 at five o’clock Sunday morning.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk