Iowa City firefighters aren’t sure what caused a house fire today that was made worse by high winds and explosions. Two people live in the home on the east side of Iowa City. One was taken to the hospital, but the injuries are not deemed “life threatening.” Firefighters say the fire set off some ammunition, hampering their efforts to put the fire out. Heavy winds also fanned the flames and blew smoke, causing officials to shut down a road near the house.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature