A new championship golf course near the central Iowa town of Polk City is expected to be ready for its June 2003 opening. Construction on the “Tournament Club of Iowa” proceeded without delay because of the unseasonably warm winter. Spokesman Steve Dowling says not only should the course open as scheduled, it will have a mature look.Dowling says with mature grass it will not look like a new course as it has thousands of mature trees and people will believe the golf course has been around for decades. The course is designed by golf legend Arnold Palmer and Dowling says Palmer has his own signatures on the courses he designs.The course is the future home of the Senior P-G-A Tour’s Allianz Championship.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall