Local officials say the death of a man at a construction site about ten miles east of Fairfield appears to be an accident. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s office got a call Tuesday evening to a site near the town of Lockridge. Deputies found a man crushed under two concrete walls. The victim’s a 41-year-old Hispanic man whose name hasn’t yet been released. He was working for a private contractor working at a farm. The investigation continues into why the eleven-by-twelve-foot concrete walls fell.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness