A company that manages health insurance programs will close an office and move its work to Iowa. Seabury and Smith will close its St Louis, Missouri, office putting 200 workers out of a job. The company handles administration of health insurance plans, and its parent corporation, Marsh and McLennan, says it suffered big losses from insurance claims that came out of the terrorist attacks last September 11th. The claims-processing work of the St Louis office will be handled by the company’s other center in West Des Moines, but Monica Green, a spokeswoman here, says no new or relocated jobs will be moved to the Iowa office, and the current staff will handle the expanded workload.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk
- Hinson says younger drivers key to national trucker shortage
- Four Iowa cities set records for December warmth