A small group of Iowa Army National Guardmembers have been put on notice that they may go on active duty. Iowa Guard spokesman Colonel Robert King says the 34th detachment headquartered in Boone includes five pilots and two flight engineers.They fly a Beechcraft Kingair and would fly military leaders around their commands. King says they don’t know much about the group’s assignment, other than they’ve been activated. King says there are now 641 Iowa guardmembers on active duty.King says the Boone unit would serve on active duty for one year when it gets its assignment.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!