One of the candidates in Iowa’s U-S Senate race is accusing the other of being partly responsible for the deaths of the 11 immigrants found in that rail car parked in Denison. Republican candidate Greg Ganske says his opponent, Democrat Senator Tom Harkin, supports providing welfare to illegal immigrants. Ganske says that’s one reason why folks in Mexico and other countries keep trying to smuggle themselves into the country. Ganske does not support providing welfare to illegals. Harkin campaign officials say Ganske has dipped to a new low by trying to tie Harkin with the tragic deaths of the 11 illegals who were found this week in a closed rail car after months on the rails.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness