The Iowa Hawkeyes have climbed to 13th in the latest Associated Press poll and face a Big Ten showdown at eighth ranked Michigan following a 24-8 win at Indiana. The Hawkeyes scored the first three times they had the ball and linebacker Grant Steen set an Iowa record with three interceptions as the Hawks improved to 7-1 on the season. He says they saw a lot of things on tape and found a lot of areas where they could capitalize on defense.Steen says he just happened to be in the right spots, and he says Indiana’s quarterback kept making eye contact with his receivers. Steen says the Hawks are looking forward to the challenge of trying to win at Michigan. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz feels his team will be up to the challenge. He says he doesn’t think any of his players are in awe of the players they line up across from. Michigan stayed unbeaten in the conference by edging Purdue and Ferentz says winning close games will be the key the rest of the way. He says the past few weeks things have been tough in conference play and he says that’s going to continue.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Haley calls Alabama debate a scrum, CNN to host Iowa debate in January
- Canadian National buying Iowa Northern Railway
- Report finds farmland holding value in face of economic issues
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire