The investigation continues into the unexpected discovery of a methamphetamine lab at a Knoxville farmstead where two men were found dead yesterday. Marion County Sheriff Marv Van Haaften says the drug-making setup was inadvertently discovered in a small camper parked on the farmstead as officers were taking the bodies away to have them sent to the state medical examiner.Officers called in the Southeast Iowa drug task force and the team from Mid-Iowa for their help. The sheriff says trained officers spent the night dismantling the meth lab. He says there’s a lot of work done and though he’s optimistic they’ll solve the case, there haven’t been any arrests. Sheriff Van Haaften says the two deaths are being investigated as murders.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Haley calls Alabama debate a scrum, CNN to host Iowa debate in January
- Canadian National buying Iowa Northern Railway
- Report finds farmland holding value in face of economic issues
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire