A Cedar Rapids man who was offered the job of Police Chief in Toledo hasn’t landed the job yet.Toledo Mayor Bill Christianson says a committee operated beyond its authority in offering Lee Harnish the job. Christianson says no background checks were done, and no member of the city council was involved in making the job offer. Toledo City Attorney Steve Kenkel says the decision to hire the city’s top cop is up to the city council. Kenkel says Harnish could still get the job. The Toledo City Council meets Monday, and the issue’s on their agenda.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record