The Northern Iowa basketball team returns to action tomorrow with a game at Chicago State. After opening with two victories the Panthers have dropped their last four games and coach Greg McDermott says a slow start is not a big surprise, especially considering the strength of their schedule. He says the newness is gone in his second year as head coach, and there are a lot of new players, which is part of the reason they’ve struggled lately. McDermott says now is the right time to get things turned around. He says he’s looking forward to hopefully getting a win and then returning home to keep the winning streak going.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old