An eastern Iowa road worker was seriously injured after being struck by a pickup Tuesday. 29-year-old Matthew Cerveny of Van Horn was working on a Benton County road near Shellsburg when he was struck by the truck driven by 74-year-old Edward McGivern of Keystone. Cervany, who is a county employee, was flown by helicopter to a Cedar Rapids hospital with what were described as “life threatening” injuries. His current condition has not been released.Charges are pending.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!