Another power blackout has hit the east. Eastern Iowa, that is. Thousands of Alliant Energy customers from Linn County to Clinton County lost electricity in last night’s heavy storms. Alliant spokeswoman Lisha Coffey says it was a strong weather system.Coffey says about five-thousand customers from Cedar Rapids to Clinton lost power for several hours and a few are still without electricity, air conditioning and fans this morning. She says most power was restored within several hours, but she says there were several limbs down on lines that required repair. The Cedar Rapids area was hit by another terrible storm in July that spun off several tornadoes and caused significant damage. Coffey says much of last night’s havoc was due to the previous whipping by Mother Nature, as many of the damaged trees hadn’t yet dropped their dead limbs. The high winds last night knocked down limbs that were broken off in the previous storm.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk