The UNI baseball team is at Evansville this evening to begin a three-game weekend series with the Aces in Missouri Valley Conference play. The Panthers are just 1-5 in the Valley and coach Rick Heller says they need to turn things around quickly in league play if they hope to qualify for the conference tournament. He says they’re at a point where they have to start counting wins and hope to get enough to get into the tournament. Heller is concerned about UNI’s slow start in the MVC. He says they now have to play the next six games against Evansville and Wichita, the two best teams in the league. He says they have to find a way to win some games. Evansville is playing well. The Aces took two out of three against perennial conference powerhouse Wichita State last weekend. Game one of the series begins tonight at 6:00.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk