With the state high school track meet complete work begins today on a multi-million dollar renovation of Drake Stadium. Drake associate athletic director Mark Kostek says the old track will be torn out and they’ll also start cutting out three rows of seats to give more room around the track. Kostek says they’re confident all the work will be complerted in time for the 2006 Drake Relays. He says the contractors know the importance of the work and will get the work done on time.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI