A one-car accident in Shelby County yesterday has claimed the life of an elderly Harlan man. It was about noon when the Shelby County Sheriff’s office got a call about a crash on a county road near the landfill. Deputies arrived to find a 1986 Oldsmobile on fire in a ditch. 86-year-old Harold Brensel of Harlan was pronounced dead at the scene.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature